Many people gain weight during winter not only because of the cold weather outside but also due to the big holiday treats. People cannot resist eating these treats because they have the reason of festivals like Halloween, Easter Sunday and mainly Christmas. The cold weather makes you stick indoors and minimize your physical activity and thus you gain weight.
Losing weight in winter seems to be impossible but it is not indeed. In fact you can lose more weight in winter. Let’s have a look on the winter weight loss tips that will make it easier to lose weight in winter.
Winter Weight Loss Tips:
If you want to lose weight in winter then you must keep an eye on what you eat because eating healthy helps to your weight loss plan.
* Eat more fiber and protein rich foods. Healthy grain cereal or a high fiber cereal is a good choice for breakfast. Try some new grains in your diet. You can pair them well with dry fruits, honey, and almonds. Cook them at night and this would make a healthy breakfast.
* You get plenty of fruits in winter so do not just stick to oranges, apples and bananas. You can eat kiwis, figs, pineapple, pears, grapes and many other fruits in winter. Make this winter fruit salad your dessert but without the cream.
* Vegetables are other important thing that you must eat. People think that there are not so many choices for vegetables in winter. But if you see, there are variety of vegetables like, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels, sprouts, carrot, cabbage, shallots, parsnips, peas, turnips and other winter squashes like butternut, acorn, and spaghetti squash etc. You can bake them or steam them or fry with some olive oil to get taste in your food and stay healthy.
* Winter season is mainly a holiday season and you may get affected by it too. Halloween, Easter Sunday, Christmas are the festivals that come in winter and you could not resist to eat stuffs like pastries, cookies, cakes, chocolates, etc., which are rich in carbs and add thousands of calories in your body. Also other days in winter are calm, peaceful and that can take away your enthusiasm and you may want to eat your favorite food to make yourself feel better. If you want to lose weight, you need to avoid both conditions, so clear up your closet if you have fatty and high calorie treats and fill them with healthy options such as cereal, eggs, fruits etc.
With diet modification given above, you can control your calorie intake. But with following proper diet you need to do some exercises too. In winter it becomes difficult to lose your warm comfort at home and you go out to workout. But instead of typical exercising you can follow the other simple options. Here we have given some points to keep you physically active. Let’s have a look at them.
* Parking Away : Park your car away from the desired spot. It will make you walk for at least 5 to 10 minutes. This is indeed a great tip that works in all seasons. These 5 to 10 minutes of winter walk will definitely refresh you.
* Shopping : You might get surprised but shopping will make you lose hundreds of pounds. This holiday season is perfect for shopping. You want to buy gifts for your family and friends. Christmas makes you wonder around the city to get your desired gifts for your dear ones. Shopping requires you go from shop to shop, which makes you walk for a long time. So make list of gifts you want to buy and go for shopping. The more particular you are about the gifts, the more you will lose weight.
* Cleaning the Snow : Cleaning snow is another good way to lose weight. To clean the snow from your car, porch, backyard, and sidewalk is also a fun activity. If you spend one hour to clean the snow, you will burn up to 500 to 600 calories. Only cleaning snow from your car will make you lose 100 calories in 10 to 15 minutes.
* Dancing : Of course you want to enjoy these holidays at their fullest. If you want to rock at the Christmas party then join a dance class and lose some extra fats in your body to dazzle the party.
* Ice Skating and Skiing : Skating sessions at a local station ring is the most exciting thing you can do in winter. Cross country is a pleasant sport which is a good cardiovascular workout too. You can lose up to 400 calories in 30 minutes session of skiing.
* Snowboarding : You will be surprised to know that snowboarding will burn the fat faster than skiing. But because of the injury risks and difficult sessions, it is only advised to the young and middle aged people.
* Snowshoe Walking : You can also try snowshoe walking, which is practically possible for everyone. Snowshoe walking is a fun and inexpensive activity. It is also a good cardio exercise. A 30 minutes session of snow walking can make you lose 300 to 400 calories.
These are some winter weight loss tips. If you follow these tips, you can enjoy the holiday season without putting any weight.